|Event Start Date:|
7th April 2019
|Event End Date:|
19th May 2019
No.84, 84 Parrock Road, Gravesend, DA12 1QF
I’m organising a community art project to fund another Christmas lunch at No. 84 this year and I’d love as many people as possible to get involved – wherever you are in the world, whatever your your age, artistic skills, experience or ambitions. All you have to do is design a Christmas card and donate it to the project.
Designs will be made into A6 cards (at cost by Singlewell Stationery and Print http://www.singlewell.co.uk/) and sold in packs of 6, with all profits going to fund the 2019 Christmas lunch at No. 84. If we raise a lot of money, any extra will be donated to Crisis at Christmas.
Nearer to Christmas, we’ll have an exhibition of all the cards at No. 84 and a launch event. If loads of people get involved we could also have other exhibitions or events at local venues.
If you want to join in, here is what you have to do:
- Let me know you want to take part via ‘contact’ on this website, or via Facebook etc
- Design a Christmas card that you are willing to donate to the project free of charge
- Get your design to me by the 19th May 2019
You can send a digital image of your artwork (minimum 300 dpi) to firstname.lastname@example.org – please put your name and contact details in the email
- You can send me the original to be photographed by the talented Roger Crosby. Please remember to write your name and contact details on the back.
For those of you in the Gravesend area, I will arrange some local collection points and let people know where these are via Facebook. I’ll also keep this ‘Event’ post updated with the latest news and information.
If you live further afield and need to send an original, drop me an email and I’ll send you my postal address.
Only one – designs must be rectangular. They can be in any size and any medium because they are all going to be photographed.
Here is what I’ll do:
- Collect the images and arrange for originals to be photographed
- Get the cards printed and put into packs
- Arrange the exhibition(s) and launch
- Put them up for sale online and at events
- Collect the money and forward it to No.84 to cover all the costs of Christmas lunch, with any extra going to Crisis at Christmas.